Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My Story

 My name is Stephanie.  I am a 26 year old stepmother of my 8 year old stepson.  I met my husband in August of 2004 while I was a senior in high school and had just moved to California from Washington.  I was friends with his neighbor, and she introduced us.  Immediately, we both fell head over heels for each other.  I knew from the beginning that he had a child (he was 7 months old at the time.)  Honestly, I think at the time I was too young to think about what would face me in the future being with someone who already had a child (you will hear plenty about that, don't worry!)  From day one of meeting his son, I fell in love.  I have had a special bond with my stepson since the beginning, which I thank God for every day!  My husband and stepson are my world.  I could not imagine life any different.

So, thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!  I decided I would start blogging about my journey of being a stepmother to my husband's son.  I plan (if brave enough!) to share my joys and tears... my hopes and fears of my life with my husband, Joey and stepson, Ethane.  My family has been through many ups and downs as a result of being a "blended" family, but as I said above... I wouldn't change it for the anything.

Here we go.... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment