Saturday, December 8, 2012

Leann Rimes

I have been a huge Leann Rimes fan for years now.  I love her music and I think she is absolutly beautiful.  Lately, on Twitter, I have been reading her get a lot of flack about her love she has for her stepsons, Jake and Mason.  That breaks my heart, because as a stepmom myself, I cannot imagine getting flack for loving a child.  I understand the love that Leann has for Jake and Mason, because I have a love for my stepson, Ethane that is SO strong.  I have a bond with Ethane that can not be broken.  That is not for me to say that my bond is stronger then the one that Ethane has with his mother.  It is just to say it is a relationship in my life that I live for and that I cherish so much.



This past week, I responded to a couple of tweets that Leann posted.  I really wanted to show her support for what she was going through with Brandi.  Yesterday, she responded!  She sent me a direct mesage on Twitter asking for my full name and told me she would leave three tickets AND meet and greet passes for me and my family at will call. NO WAY! 




Stepmoms <3


My family with Leann Rimes



We got ready as fast as we could and headed over to the Cerritos Performing Arts Center.  We picked up our tickets and passes.  We got to go backstage and meet Leann.  All three of us spoke to her and got pictures.  She told Ethane that he was "SO CUTE" and gave him a big hug.  She also told him "your stepmom rocks!"  I gave her a big hug and thanked her so much for what she did for my family and I.  I still was in shock that I was even there.

 

We then got to sit through her AMAZING concert.  WOW!  It was a special holiday concert, so she sang a few holiday songs as well as some of her own songs.  This girl can SING!  Everyone around us was saying "wow what a voice!"  The guy behind us could not stop saying how powerful her voice was, and I have to agree 100%.  She sings live.  She sings with passion.  She sings with emotion.  And she looks HOT doing it!!  My two favorite songs that she did were "Borrowed" and "Summertime" (Janis Joplins songs.)  Her voice can bring you to tears! I love her.  My stepson's favorite song was "Can't Fight the Moonlight."  He has always loved that song.

I gave Leann a gift when I met her along with a card thanking her for what she did for us.  I put my email address in the card and I can only hope that someday I may hear from her again!  I would love to keep in touch with her on both of our journeys as stepmothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment