Thursday, December 6, 2012

Happy Birthday, Frank!

Yesterday was my brother-in-law, Frank's birthday.  My sister-in-law, Nuvia's birthday tradition is always to celebrate the birthday on the actual day, regardless of what day of the week it is on.  Because his birthday landed on a Wednesday, we had to make sure we could get Ethane since we do not have him on Wednesday's.  Thankfully, for the time being, things are going great communication wise between my husband and Ethane's mom and we were able to take him to his Uncle Frank's birthday dinner!

We had a really great time.  We were joined by my other sister-in-law and her family, Frank's sister and husband, and Frank's best friend and his family.  They ordered Italian food from a great restaurant in Los Alamitos.  They got chicken fettuccini alfredo, spaghetti, and garlic bread... All of which were delicious!  The fetturccini was my favorite, for sure!  The cake she ordered from Great Dane Bakery was great as well!

My husband and I love random days where we are not used to having Ethane with us but we get to.  It is great that he was able to attend his uncle's birthday dinner.  His Uncle Frank means a lot to him and I really respect Ethane's mother for letting him attend events that she knows are special for him to be at. 

Family is SO important. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.  I am so glad that there is a mutual understanding between my husband and Ethane's mother where they both see the importance of time with family and allow for Ethane to attend family events regardless of whose day it is.  I think that is SO important for blended families.  Remember: the only one who is getting hurt by not letting your child attend a family event for THEIR family... is your child.  

Feeling pretty blessed today!!!  I am off tomorrow, so I will be sharing a story of a struggle we went through, as well as some advice for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment